I had an opportunity to give the opening presentation at the recently concluded Mobile Cloud Computing Asia conference at Singapore and chair the event for Day1 on July 14th.
The presenters were nice mix of Telecom operators, application provider, platform provider and security consultant. This helped me to learn and understand different perspectives.
The key learnings were :
1. Majority of the telecom operators had recognised the need to embrace the new ear of cloud computing.
2. The need to collaborate with application vendors, cloud platform providers and grow the revenue through these channels is well understood.
3. Most of them have started experimenting with some offering or the other to test the waters and most are willing to take it forward
4. There was so much creativity in creating new revenue models on the part of participants in the conference. I am not sure how much of that is backed by the respective organisations.
5. It was great to get wider perspective from the participants coming from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan and USA